Saturday, January 9, 2010

Borrowed Idea?

Tolkien seems to be inspiring an ever increasing number of people. I am the latest addition to his huge fan following, having spent the first day of this year finishing one of the best books that I have read so far. I recently found out from a cousin that her younger son Bilbo has indeed been named after the venerable ring bearer , my brother-in-law being a huge fan of Tolkien.
While I continue to find books, movies and stuff that definitely seem to be inspired by Tolkien, and that includes books by J. K. Rowling amongst others, the latest entry in that set is the recent Idea Cellular advertisement. I discovered this as I was driving to office this week and as I take the bend in a flyover near my office, the aforementioned ad jumps out in front of me in a huge billboard. Sirji seems to be doing a Treebeard here.
Not very original I would say - but Sirji is possibly the only Entish looking actor in Bollywood - there seems to be an association here. In most Hindi flicks these days, the leading Bollywood ladies look taller the men opposite them.

No comments:

Post a Comment